Jin Shin Jyutsu has a lot in common with Qigong. JSJ is about relaxing and feeling the energy as it flows under and deep inside the body. It’s powerful and very easy as all it requires is the presence of your hands on your body anytime, anyplace.
What is Jin Shin Jyutsu?
Jin Shin Jyutsu® physio-philosophy is an ancient art of harmonizing the life energy in the body. It’s a gentle, touch-healing therapy that has been compared to acupressure without pressure and acupuncture without needles. You can have a treatment with the therapist (fully-clothed) or you can learn how to apply to yourself. By releasing tensions in the body, Jin Shin Jyutsu helps energy flow efficiently unblocking any stagnation that could be preventing you from feeling healthy and positive.
What can Jin Shin Jyutsu help you with?
Jin Shin Jyutsu can treat all sorts of physical, emotional and mental problems such as:
- traumas (to do with abandonment, loss, shock, accident, etc)
- pain in the body (muscular, skeletal)
- digestive issues (indigestion, bloating, heartburn)
- sinuses, colds, flu
- lack of energy
Anything can trigger a blockage that would weaken the immune system and thus disrupt the internal balance (homeostasis) of the body.
Why choose Jin Shin Jyutsu?
- It feels like an internal massage
- It enhances your body’s ability to heal itself
- It provides you with the tools to treat yourself
- It is a powerful and safe complementary therapy
It works really well both with children and adults alike. People with mental or physical disabilities as well as people with sensory impairments can truly benefit from this art of healing. Come and see for yourself!
How to experience Jin Shin Jyutsu
There are two ways of getting to know this art:
1. By having a 1-2-1 session with me
- As you lie on a couch, I gently place my hands on your body.
- The session lasts 60 minutes but the effects last much longer.
- After each session you receive a few holds (positions) to start JSJing on yourself.
2. By learning Self-help, the core of JSJ.
- I hold regular self-help workshops in Brighton & Hove. The courses are hands-on sessions where you treat yourself and feel the immediate effects of JSJ.
- Mary Burmeister –the lady who brought JSJ to the West- wrote three self-help books, which we use to teach self-application. At the end of the workshops students are given the book(s) so they don’t need to write anything down.
It’s all about practice. It’s all about presence. No pressure, no effort.
The power is in your hands!
Jin Shin Jyutsu® (JSJ) The touch of healing (yourself)